Possibly getting me a X-mas GIFT!

Thors1982

I am a college student as some of you know. Last summer i bought the whole Reference 7 line

2 RF 7's

1 RC 7

2 RS 7's

+ Denon 3803

I got some money for christmas, not enough to buy a subwoofer but possibly enough to buy one and start making payments.

I live basically where I can't go listen to anything high end. Only klipsch place here has RF35's. So, testing is going to be well impossible.

So I am trying to decide on subwoofer, choices RSW-12 and RSW-15. Also SVS stuff but I know nothing about it. Sadly my space is limited to a box design. I am kinda scared to mix and match SVS and klipsch even with the huge fan base on this site, cause I have never heard a high quality SVS. Also which SVS subs compare to the RSW-12 and RSW-15. I heard the RSW-15 when I was up in new jersey.

What do you think would be the safest bet, since i don't get to listen to them? stick with the matching klipsch set or test a SVS?

Also, Can someone help me with stuff I need in addition to the sub? Like will my reciever be able to handle it? Or do I need an amp? What kind of cable would be best? Anything else im missing.

I am new to Home Theater, this will be the first sub I will own, except for the one that came with my computer(which i doubt counts). :-)

First off, SVS and Klipsch match like a dream. Next, it depends if you get a "powerered" (built in amp) or "passive" sub, meaning you need to buy an external amp for it (which SVS also sells). Opinions vary big time, but I always went with powered because it was less hassle. I too have the Reference 7 line all around (except the RF-35's I use as the center surrounds) and a PB2+. This combo's greatness I can definitely attest to. With a good sub like SVS, HSU, Klipsch Reference, NHT, Mission Audio, or Velodyne to name a few, you'll suddenly realize the world of sound you've been missing in movies and music. Someone once said that if sound was the icing, the bass is the cake.

Your receiver is great along with the rest of your

set-up. In terms of cable, any good quality interconnect

cable will work. There are some that are labled subwoofer

cable. Opinions vary as to how much you need to spend on

a cable and I will leave it at that. In regards to your

subwoofer, you don't need to stay in the Klipsch line

in order to blend with your speakers, most high end

manufacturers subs will work great. The EAR will guide you

through this part, as he auditioned (and own) most subs, however,

I cannot stress enough not to go cheap on your sub. The RWS-15 is an awesome and you will not be disappointed. Good Luck

sub

10.gif