just bought house w/my own theater room-i'm BROKE-here's how i got a 120" picture!

avman

O.K.! i just bought my 1st house--a 37 yr. old beauty less than 3 blocks from lake ponchartrain near new orleans. turning 'family room' into theater room. DELIMMA; w/no money, how can i see how a projector/screen will look? SOLUTION-i'm installing a sharp lcd projector in about a week for a customer's dedicated theater room, so naturally i have to 'setup' and do a 'pre-installation evaluation'Wink.gif i bought 2 white paper tablecloths and taped them up in front of my 35" tube tv. got about a 100" picture...WOW!! nothing like a HUGE A** picture for that one-of-a-kind theater experience! my remote control works thru the paper, and w/minor tweek to c-7 center amp eq/level, it is like a perforated screen! i'll have to wait a while for my own gear, but what an experience! besides, wife-to-be may be more 'enthusiastic' about tv 'upgrade' after this experience! sign me-'giddy w/exitement'-avman.

Avman,

I can whole heartedly agree with you. I have a 100" screen with a Vidikron LCD Projector. I am a DirecTv subscriber, movies are awesome. DVD looks even better, the Ben Hur chariot is something to behold. Also, my DirecTv receiver is HD capable. The Super Bowl, Masters and the Final Four are a great way to watch sports! Plus CBS broadcasts much of it's Prime Time lineup in HD, plus if you're a College Football fan, CBS is broadcasting the games in HD! If you have any questions, feel free to fire away. You can see the rest of my system in my signature.

------------------

KLF-30 mains

KLF-C7 center

KLF-30 surrounds

KG -3.5 rear effects

KSW200 subwoofer

Denon AVR5800

Pioneer Elite DV-09

Pioneer Elite PD-F19

RCA DTC100 DSS/HDTV

Sony Playstation 2

Denon MD1000