New Cornwall owner!! Part 1

JCturboT

Back again.I was on a trip so could not reply. I auditioned the Cornwall's as I said I would and have decided to buy them. They are black hardwood with black woven grills. The speakers,horns and tweeters are in mint condition. The wood needs refinishing but I don't think that will be a problem. The home I went to was in a total mess and the speakers were not placed very well so I don't think the sound was representative of what the Cornwall's are capable of. I am picking them up this coming weekend and will take some digital photos to show you. Thanks for the encouragement to buy, I needed a bit of a push. A retired coworker scientist also gave me his opinion. He is very knowledgeable in electronics and probably has more Hi FI equipment then all the people I know.

quote:

Originally posted by LonestarBlues:

Have not had much sleep and messed up without posting anything on the previous post. I have some questions and observations regarding Cornwall 1's. I bought a pair of birch 1977-R Cornwalls last year. They have the 2 inch riser and a round front corner edges. I drove up to Houston Saturday and bought a pair of 1983-Y walnut Cornwalls. The front corners are flat on these. The dust cap on the 1977 Cornwall woofers are smaller in diameter. The 1983 woofer dustcaps are larger in diameter and flatter. Why the difference, I assume they are using the same woofer.They look the same, just different size dust caps. Is the 1983 Cornwall walnut veneer over birch or is it solid walnut? The speakers I bought in Houston were clean with minor scratches and dings. I put some lemon oil on them

after getting home and it improved their cosmetics. The 1977 pair are in good condition. The Klipsch logos on the grills are both different. I have a Mcintosh ss system-MC 7150 amp, C 38 preamp, MR

80 tuner, MCD 7009 cd player and a Pioneer Elite PD 65 cd player. My turntable is not hooked up at present. I want to try out some tube equipment in the future. I will have to start saving up some more dinero.