RCX-4 center chanel

Andre_Roy

I am still waiting for a RCX-4 center chanel( Back order ? ) to go with the rest of my home theater package 4 X RSX-5 and a RW-12 sub .

Can Anyone here tell me a littel about this RCX-4 center chanel , How does it sound , do you like it ??? ect. ect.

Thanks for your time .

I'm in the same boat as you. I have been waiting 4 months for my RCX-4. The RSX-5's came in a couple of weeks ago at my dealer but I'm not having them shipped to me until the RCX-4 is in too. They told my dealer that the RCX-4 would be shipped in January but 4 months ago they told them that they were in stock and my dealer should get them in a couple of weeks. Klipsch A.K.A. Lying A holes! Any way I'm curious as to what you think of the RSX-5's as I have not had the chance to hear them yet. Thanks.

CO1 , thanks for the reply .

The rsx5 sound great , i as you have been waiting since october late, early november time frame . i wanted to jump on the free satilite promotion that they had on until november 30 2003, it was xmas and time to bring the system home , the store i deal with ( D & R vacume ) been getting klipsch stuff there for a long time ,loaned me a rc25 untill i get my rcx--4 ,

The system sounds GREAT 15' x 20' room also have an rw--12.TEAC ag-10d pushing these speakers ,125w per chanel . They are clean and a krisp in sound high and lows . turned it up to 60 and the room was vibrating and still clean and krisp( star wars dvd ) thx intro , was a very good indicator of the performance of these speakers for me

Good news! My dealer just called and the RCX-4 just arrived so I should have them in a couple of days.16.gif They made some more calls for me yesterday and now Klipsch is saying there was a problem with the cabinet and grill fit and they had to go back and make some design changes or something to that effect. So I guess the production shortage due to the holidays and Canada being on the not so important consumer list was another load of bull. At this point I don't care, I just want my PC speakers. Hope yours comes soon.

Bad news! They called me today and after shipping out the speakers yesterday they came to realize that it wasn't an RCX-4 but rather an RSX-4. When they do get the RCX-4 in they will ship it to me and I will send back the RSX-4 so at least I will be able to use the speakers until then. Too bad though but what can you do!

Got the speakers the other day and I must say I'm impressed. These are some of the best sats I've ever heard as long as you back them up with a sub. Can't wait to get the RCX-4 because the RSX-4 looks like mini me next to the RSX-5's. Trying to figure out how to mount the two rears on my corner desk as the furthest position on each end of the desk is not quite far enough behind me but it's close. Can't mount on walls and have stands but can't use them due to the risk involved with owning an overly energetic 100lbs Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I have some ideas though.

Hey Bubbles your going to blow up your head by having them rsx-5 so close to you . HE HE HE. Yes i am liking my set up more and more as the wear in. Yes u can mount them on the walls , that is where mine are , all i did was went to canadian tire and bought some hollow wall mounts, i used a Quarter inch drill bit to drill a hole in the wall , inserted the holloy wall mount in the hole , screwed it in place three times per speaker , in the box where the rsx-5 came in , there is an envelope with a drill hole guide in it , best of all there is a small level on that guide , very cool thing to have to make things strait , I put mine on the walls because of my grandson , the part # of the hollow wall mount is 61-3848-0 crown bolt made these . hope i convienced you to mount them to the wall, and still no word on the rcx-4 on my end , i also like the rc-25 that i am using wright now the speaker in that center chanel are the same size as the rsx-5 are , the problem is that i have a silver set of speakers and was hoping to keep the whole set that colour , hopefully they come out with a silver rc-25 or a rcx-5 in silver, hell why not dream .

Take care EH

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very impressed with the sound. PC and Xbox games are over the top now so I don't see me wanting to upgrade my PC speakers for a very long time. I kept the RSX-4 because there was no way I could send back a perfectly working speaker, it just felt wrong. I will just use the RSX-4 as a rear center on one of the other systems. I guess I will have to start working on a Heritage surround system but I will have to wait until 2005 because that's when I start building my house. I have 5 surround systems in an apartment so there is no room for Khorns yet.

Hey COI

I finaly got my RCX-4 today , hooked it up and it sounds great , i got a problem now , What center chanel to keep ???? RC-25 Or RCX-4 . so i have been going back and forth with it, whitch one , ill halfto try more dvd's maybe ,,,star wars and hummmm, Roger Waters in the flesh , these should help me in making up my mind.

Thanks for the info Bubbels ,, do you have any suggestions on dvd's ???

Sorry to reply so late but work has been nuts or rather the nuts have been nuts. I assume by your sig that you already made your decision which is the way I would of gone. Not necessarily because it's better but rather because it's a better match for the RSX-5's.

Thanks 4 the reply CO1

After a 5 to 6 hours going back and forth with the rcx and the rd-25 , ( Hell i wore out the wire ends twice ) * music, movies , radio all types of music * i ended up going with the rcx-4 , the sound from it mached the rest of my system better then the rc-25 , bouth sounded great , the diffrence was a lower tone from the rc-25 , THE ROOM ROCKS ,,,

Thanks for your help CO1.