KSW-10 Sub Suddenly Dead

jaydrake

My KSW-10 sub stopped working today. The red/green indicator light no longer lights up and there is no sound. Just to be sure the probelm wasn't outside of the unit, I connected an old subwoofer to the same connections and the same electric outlet. It worked fine. I then noticed a screw-open fuse slot in the back. However, to my eyes, the fuse inside looks fine.

Is there another fuse somewhere or is there another explanation? The unit is about six months old and was working fine before. Thanks in advance.

Jay

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:49:34 PM DLUngurait wrote:

I blew the fuse on my KSW last weekend (VERY LOUD PARTY;). The fuse looked OK on first inspection, then I put my volt meter on it and saw that the fuse was indeed blown. All fixed now...GOOD LUCK!

Dave

----------------

Well I had the fuse checked today and it was fine. To be sure, however, I replaced the fuse with a new one. The sub still doesn't work at all. Now what?

----------------

On 1/9/2004 11:45:44 PM Taylor189 wrote:

Is it still under warranty?

----------------

Yes, it is under six months old. The issue I guess now is where to get it repaired. I bought it at Best Buy. I suspect they don't do repairs. I looked around on this site to find a list of authorized repair shops, but I don't seem to be looking in the right place. Anyone know where such a list is? I'd hate to have to pack this monster up and ship it somewhere for repair. Thanks.

open the back amp plate (UNPLUG THE UNIT FIRST!!!) and check to see the black and red wires are still connected. My same sub was shipped to me in this way, and I went nuts trying to find out the problem. Sound Distributors told me this is a VERY common problem with this sub. Hope this helps.3.gif