Im such a moron.

Got the 4.1's from my aunt in the states and was all gung ho on trying them so I put them in my 240v power socket (the klipsches accept only 120v) so anyways I think something in the woofer is fried (some coil may have broken according to my electrical engineer), the question now arises whether there is anyway I can salvage these speakers, forget warranty because my aunt has already left for the states.

What has happened, and why can I get no power even after using a converter?

Is there some way I can recoil the broken transformer?

Will the power problem affect the performance of the speakers through sound quality?

Can the situation be remedied locally?

Any Inputs will help cause Im more or less at sea and yes I re-iterate the fact that I am such a moron for landing in this mess.

Sorry to hear about your slight error in judgement. It is laughable though. Trying hard not to laugh here. Oh well, we all have our blunders. I remeber trying really hard to get a peice of 1/2" thick drywall between the framing and window frame itself during the finishing of my basement. I used a wood block and a really big hammer and eventually got the drywall into the slightly undersized slot. It was hard work however but seeing as the window frame was PVC it gave a little during the install. My reward, seeing as I JAMMED this peice of drywall into a "too small slot" the window would no longer operate, ie: open up. Now that was a bit*h trying to get it back out of there! Almost broke the window trying! Should have used a bigger hammer!