Linux Mandrake 8.0

justin_tx_16

I have a Sony PCV-RX260DS, will this run on it??? i want to buy it today while i am in town... no reason, jsut want to try something other than Windows. i have Windows ME and i want to network... something keeps my comptuers from networking... it all worked, reinstalled windows, now the settings are where they always were but it still will not network. that is ok case we are getting rid of the old computer... will this run fsat? i like speed. i have ehard it is very fast. like, is it fast on even 133 MHz Pentium processers??? faster than Win. 95 at least??? thanks

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Linux is good for any comp, even slower machines. Windows does not take care of RAM as good as Linux. Just running and typing this now, Windoze has 269MB Allocated RAM with a small SWAP file. Linux handles it much better from what I have gathered. Many people use 486 computers with linux on it for servers/routers. I had RedHat on mine at one point - just downloaded it for free from teh internet and burned it to a disc. I'm not sure, but when I did that I had to wipe out my HD and partition it. THe newer versions might be different

I have Win98SE and have a Linksys router for the cable modem so we have 2 comp hooked up to one connection and I tried to get teh networking to work, but kept having troubles with my comp so I don't know if it is just a settign for me or if I need to reinstall windows