heresy woofers

spw1

I have a pair of Heresy 1 speakers. I called the factory for replacement woofers, they said they had two left, I snapped them up. I just unpacked them. The woofers in the speakers are marked K-22-R; the ones sent by Klipsch are marked KP-22-E. They look different. Is this the wrong speaker, or the same sonically, just updated, or a screw up all the way around?

Help!

There have been many different woofers in the Heresy. And they all looked different--different baskets, different magnets, different cones. The K-22-Rs in your speakers indicate that they were replacements for the originals. KP-22-E sounds fishy to me. I always thought the KP series parts were for the commercial speakers. Could be that if the factory sent you KP-22-Es for your Heresy, that is the current replacement they are shipping, assuming you adequately described your speakers to them when ordering. OTOH they were specifying the K-24-K used in the Heresy II as the replacement speaker for quite a while. It would be my choice. Why not call them back, tell them you heard the appropriate replacement was the K-24-K, and see what they say?

Trey, where are you when we need you?

Thanks for the help,

I looked again, K-22-R are the speakers that I just removed from the cabinet. They have been in there since I purchased the Heresy's NIB way back when. I was clear with parts that I had Heresy 1's and wanted the appropriate k-22 replacement. I will be on the phone tomorrow you betcha!