Why would my picture go to black and white?

purdue2k2

More details:

I recently purchased a Bell'o TV stand for my system. After re-attaching all of my cables I discovered that my TV signal is all in black and white. The DVD and receiver setup screen is in color, as with my xbox. I didn't get finished until late last night so I didn't have time to properly troubleshoot. I'm using Monster S-video cables to connect a Dishnetwork PVR500 (a JVC dish receiver w/ a hard drive).

My next steps are:

- Obviously, snug the video cables (done)

- Try different video inputs (done

- Try watching a recorded event from my hard drive (done - still B&W)

- Use a different S-video cable in the same jacks

- Call Dishnetwork

Thanks for any similar experiences/fixes.

Try running the video directly from your PVR-500 to the display monitor. Also try to adjust the color level on the monitor. If the color level is set too low, the color drops out on some sets. Verify that your dish alignment is ok and that the signal level is good per the setup screen on the Dish receiver.

The hard drive on my PVR-508 went out recently. Dish Network replaced the out of warranty PVR-508 for the shipping cost alone. The replacement PVR-508 went defective shortly after instllation. They sent me a new PVR-508 for free. This one is perfect so far. (It made a difference to them on the replacements that I pay via credit card. Go figure.)

Bill

I ran my standalone DVD player via S-video cable to a capture card in my computer, and every program except for one showed the picture as black and white. DScaler was the only program that displayed the picture in color. However, composite video worked fine. It may be an issue with your S-video cable or monitor.

-Jesse