LOTR Return of The King(IMAX)

Rdog

Where did you see it on the IMAX? I had seen both latter matrix movies ont he IMAX and was AMAZED. However I was under the impression that IMAX can only be a certain length of time, like under 3 hours or something. Do you know if this is a false statement or if they made certian cuts on the LOTR movie?

Flase claim. I saw all three movies in IMax.

Keep in mind that these are not IMax films; they are not using the I-Max screen ratio nor optimized for it's sound setup (which is unique ot those lines of theaters), it's merely the standard movie being played on a really, REALLY big screen, usually the best speakers in the theater.

I've been watching big movies in I-Max for years now (The owner ofthe Irvine Spectrum constantly shows movies on the IMAX if it's popular enough), but it must just be recently catching on. I say this because RotK was the first time the movie started with a disclaimer saying "this is not an IMAX film".

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant that it was the same screen ratio, that is really not what impressed me about the movie. It was the audio that blew me away, I saw the movie in a normal stadium seating theater and the IMAX blew this one away in sound. The scenes where there is the beating when looking at the ring, almost made my heart skip a beat. Once again sorry for the confusion.