Bi-wiring..

TIbor

Just picked up my last piece for my reference series the rf-3 II. Sixth ave electronics has a few pairs left for 495.00 I thought it was a great price. I was reading some old posts about biwiring. Not sure if it will beneficial for me but worth the try. But my problem is that I mounted speaker jacks on my walls with the speaker wires behind the wall. So in the wall there is only one wire per speaker(from the corresponig jack to the main jacks..where my receiver will plug into. Can I still biwire? Not a big deal anyway..it seems as if most people did not see much of a improvement anyway

Thanks

Tlbor,

The best thing you want to do for bi-wiring is buy a set of bi-wire cables. It's one cable per speaker. Monster makes these, and you can buy them at Hi-Fi Buys for about $85 for a 10ft. pair. Then the tips are about $25 (although you will have to buy two sets for the bi-wire cables). These are what I use, and they made a significant difference.

To answer your question.....with only one set of wires run through your walls right now, no, you won't be able to bi-wire.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you're not going to be able to bi-wire. However, for a significant gain in sound qualify, get rid of the jumpers on the speaker terminals on the RF-3's, and replace them with good quality OFC speaker wire. You don't need high dollar speaker wire to experience an improvement...just about anything is better than the brass-plated jumpers supplied.