WOW! amazing sound!

Wow! Unbelievable sound quality. I haven't gotten my 1976 Pioneer SX-1250 in the mail just yet, but I found and picked up a set of Klipsch Chorus II's from Oklahoma tonight that I had bought on Ebay recently. On my just decent Kenwood receiver, they sound amazing!! Very rich, realistic, crisp and clear full-range sound.

Thanks for your help on the previous topic, everyone!

stephen

Is this your first set of Klipsch? If so, welcome to the club. I had to chuckle about your post. When I got my first set of Klipsch (KSP-300's)about 3 years ago, I also bought a new Pioneer Elite SVX-09TX. The dealer had the speakers in stock, but had to order the reciver, so I took the speakers home and hooked them up to my 1976 Pioneer SA-9500 II amp just to hear them. Well, the difference between my old speakers (Genesis towers circa 1976 also) was so dramatic I couldn't believe it. I became an instant convert to Klipsch. Have fun and enjoy your new speakers.

Here's the best part about them Choruses (they're the bigger brother to my Fortes, so you can have a similar experience):

If you ever decide to upgrade to a higher-end amp and pre-amp, your speakers have the capability of blowing you away to the point of bringing you to tears.

I'm talking about an audio experience so profound, you will find your jaw dropping, muttering "Holy S*$@", or whatever exclamation you're prone to spout when exposed to something glorious and life-changing.

I happily ran my Fortes for years with a little 120-watt Carver amplifier and its matching pre-amp. The sound was good, but after a while, I wanted something more. I was not getting that "live" sound that I had read everyone say they were striving for with their home audio.

After MUCH reading, I located a used McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe power amp, mating it with the same-brand TLC-1 preamp. This is a relatively little-known company that has become a legend in the audiophile community as producing some of the best higher-end solid-state components (for their price) in the business.

The music I heard through the Fortes was incredible. The closest I had gotten to this sound (aside from live performances) was years ago, listening to Klipshorns for the first time. My better recordings literally brought me to tears.

The purpose for all of this babbling is this: Your Chorus speakers LOVE high-quality amplifiers and source components. Enjoy them as much as you want with your current set up. But also know that, if the audiophile bug bites you, your speakers are up to the challenge, and will be the LAST thing you would need to upgrade... as for me, I never plan to part with my Fortes.

GRB,

How do you like the sound of your KSP's with the Rotel 1095? I swapped out a (better) 2-channel McCormack with the Rotel about a year ago; while the Rotel is great for movie soundtracks, it lacks the musicality of the McCormack with 2-channel music listening, and has never made a music source sound live for me...