Harmon Kardon AVR430 or ARV630.

johnymac

I have been out looking for a surround receiver. I have a pair of for my forte II's for front channel and some various brands through the rest of the system. I have a 2 channel system, so I am just looking for a nice surround receiver with lots of the newest features. In any case, I saw the B&K 507. I wanted one, but reality set in.

I see the new line from H/K. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/info on these receivers? The store that had them didn't sell any Klipsch speakers. So I didn't even audition.

I was also curious if the 630 was worth the extra money compared to the 430.

By the way, I came close to the Yamaha rxv1400, but the sales people seem to work way to hard to sell these.

Thanks for any replies in advance!!

I'm an owner of the new 630. I am very pleased with this unit. Some people didn't like the change to their new silver front, but I think that is just eye-candy (plus I like the look!). Anyways, I'm very pleased with the unit, but can't tell ya if the difference between it and the 430 is worth the extra cost. I did not get a chance to test a 430.

I watched two movies last weekend at a pretty substantial volume and the unit was only warm to the touch. I think it is very well quality built and you will be happy with either the 630 or 430.