cabling question

Jimmytwo

I just bought set of klipsch for home theater/ music. The sales person recommened i use the mogami 3082 speaker cables. My question is - how do I connect these? I'm a little confused with the two treads of copper wire in the cable. Is it just a case of putting one tread to the + and the another to the - Neg and keeping it consistant? thanks in anticipation.

are these bi-wires? Otherwise, I don't understand the question... however, I will proceed on the assumption that they are...

If they bi-wires then the single pair of connectors (+, -) connect at the AMP, and the double pair connects to the speakers.

If the speakers have 4 connects, unlink the "uppers" from the lowers and connect the double pair, typically the "thicker" pair to the woofer (or low frequency) connects, and the "thinner" pair to the upper frequency connects (this labeling depends on the speaker manufacturer). Ensure that you maintain the polarity between the amp and each respective speaker connect (+ to +, - to -). Good luck!

DM

• 3 weeks later...

those look like the speaker cables PA systems use...at each end, one would often connect a 1/4" plug that plugs into the speaker and amp. but in your case, it'd just be a matter of connecting the + to the + and the - to the - 1.gif

i never considered using that for home, but i like the idea a lot! 10.gif

• 4 weeks later...

mogami is actually quite popular for DIYers as they are quite cheap and with reasonably good result. they uses high grade copper usually. These cables are for stduio uses like mic and amp so their quality is very good. It is a rather netural cable so just play what the CD got to offer.

A good try for DIYer.