belle vs. lascala.... what are the differences????

KungFuNat

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have to give you my opinion. The LaScalas are closer to the sound of the Klipschorn and I do believe it to be because they use the same mid. horn. So in those multi channel systems I would use the LaScala with the Klipschorn if I was a purest looking for timbre matching speakers.

The LaScala can be made to look almost as nice as a Belle if one cares to do the work. I say almost because the Belle has a more pleasing shape. Me, I could care less what speakers look like. It's what comes out of them that counts.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone really could tell the differnce between a Belle and LaS they could always put a K400 horn in the Belle. No problem with horn sticking out if in a corner. You could cut a hole in your wall if used as a center too (hehehe). Wonder what would happen to the sound if someone did that to a Belle without modifing the openening in the front to the width and heigth of the K400 horn. the year mine were made the Belle and LaS had the same specs even though the squawkers horn was differnt. The newer ones don't.

hoggy

I also have the one for the Khorn. Picked them up when I was trying to decide which to buy. I lived in a small apartment than so went with the Belles as I really didn't have the corners for the Khorns. In a way I wish I would have gotten the Khorns but OTOH I've been happy with my Belles over the years too. Most of my stereo friends cannot believe the woofers have never been reconed. I'm sure one of these days I'll have to do that though.

hoggy