KLF-30's

phredd42

To each's own, but I personally like the KLF30 over the RF-7, but can't find anything on the 30's on website.

Were they such a bad spkr, aside from backs coming unglued???? I also have the 20's, and just sold the C7 for tidbits, pretty much gave it away, too much hassle trying to sell on ebay. Gave up on Home Theater.

I find just using my AR powered partners is sufficient. Wuteva.

Too lazy to look it up, but was it the max spl of the 30's, sustained that is.

Thanks, Have a Great "K" Day

Fred

Here you go!. Everything you want to know about the KLF-30. However, it does not specifically say what the max SPL sustained is, but you could guesstimate it from the specs that are given:

The KLF-30s are rated at a sensitivity of 102db/1w/1m. Thus, if you stand 1 meter away in front of them, and feed them 1 watt of power, you should get 102db out of them. They can take a continues 200 watts of input (800 watts/peak). To go up 3 db, you must double the power. Thus 2 watts to get 105, 4 watts to get 108, and so forth. At the full 200 watts continous, you should get around 123 or so db for max sustained SPL, provided your amp can also provide the continous 200 watts cleanly (without distortion/clipping). In other words, they can get pretty damn loud!

Yep, definitly to each his own. I've listened to a pair of KLF-20s and found I liked the newer Reference series speakers better. The Legend series (at least the KLF-20s), came off to aggresive to me. Much prefered the more refined sound of the RF-7s, but still aggressive enough for that power/prog metal that I like to crank up on'em 10.gif. But like you said - to each his own.

skonopa I own a pair of KLF 20s and I agree they can be agressive in their sound that is what I like. It also depends on what they are being run with. I have a Dennon 4800 HT receiver with a Dennon 2900 DVD that has been a very good combo. I also have a Luxman preamp and 2 Monarchy Audio SM 70 Pros with a NAD C540 CD player as a 2 channel system that sounds very good!

I have heard RF7s in stores and do not like them because of lack of midrange, that is how they sound to me. I don't remember what was being used to run them but with better equipment they would have sounded better!

Both RF7s and KLF 20s are very good speakers!! I think the KLF series was not designed as a home theater speaker. KLipsch later added the center channel when home theater systems started getting popular but I'm not positive. I think Klipsch should still make the KLF series as a option to the RF7s. I bet there are a lot of Klipsch owners who think their speakers should still be in production also! I owned a pair of Heresys for 15 years and the KLF 20s sound almost as good. I am waiting on a pair of new La Scalas any day.

The great thing about this forum is that everyone can express what they like and don't like in speakers, audio gear, music and other things! Everyone's idea of the ideal sound is different and everyone should respect other people's views and tastes.