Will Heresys Compliment Legends?

Mr. Blorry

In the never-ending quest for a better rig, I decided it's about time to upgrade my shabby surround speakers. I run several different amplifier configurations, but when I use my Denon AV amp, I can switch between surround and five-speaker stereo. The latter can really fill out otherwise bland sounding televison, and give a real spaciousness to normal two-channel audio. It is the five channel stereo feature that sold me on the Denon, as many manufacturers do not offer this option. I need a pair of full-range speakers that will compliment my KLF 30 fronts and my KLF C7 center. I do not want "surround" speakers, because in the five channel mode, my KLFs will blow them to pieces, in terms of both efficiency and frequency response. I need bookshelf size due to room constraints, but I want them to be able to hang with the KLFs! All my fingers are currently pointing at a pair of Heresys, probably a used pair, and hopefully mahogany to match my KLFs. Anybody agree? Other suggestions?

mr. b, my cornwall I sound great w/ my klfs in 5 channels stereo, even though the 30s are brighter w/ the highs. & the c-7 is the, or 1 of the recommended centers for the cornwalls as well as the 30s & the heresy are the recommended surrounds for the cornwalls...

haven't heard heresy in about 20 yrs though, but think you're ok there. of course the ideal if u could swing it would be another set of those 30s. that would rock the joint to say the least cwm12.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Hmmmmm.....Heresy's and KLF30's.....not an automatic mix IMHO.

I have Heresy's and a friend has KLF 30's (with modified XO to increase the bass and sensitivity to something like 106 db!). The sound is related but not that similar. I would have thought a pair of RF3's or KLF 10 / 20s would be a better match.

This is opinion of course, but generally both he and I agree that his bass is huge relative to mine, but my mids and highs are better (more live I suppose).

Of course the safest thing could be to get another pair of KLF 30's (if you can find them).

Mr. Blorry,

I was in the same situation as you were just before Christmas this year. I was using a pair of KG 3.5 for surrounds with my 30s/C7 mains. Then tried a pair of those scarce S6s, they were ok, but still lacked some IMHO. Read a few posts from here about going with another set of 30s as surrounds. WOW!!!!! I won't be changing THAT anytime soon. I may even get crazy and buy another pair of 30s for rear surrounds (that is where the KG3.5s ended up). If I go that route, I will move my KSW200 to the rear with the new 30s and get a KSW15 for the main sub. Bottom line is .... go with a matched speaker for your surrounds, I personally feel it makes a big difference.

------------------

KLF-30 mains

KLF-C7 center

KLF-30 side surrounds

KG 3.5 rear surrounds

KSW200 subwoofer

Denon AVR5800

Pioneer Elite DV-09

Pioneer Elite PD-F19

RCA DTC100 DSS/HDTV

Sony Playstation 2

Denon MD1000

Vidikron Epoch D-600

Vutec 100" 4:3 1.5 gain

This message has been edited by ColaBear on 06-22-2001 at 10:47 AM

Hear! Here! ColaBear. I like it when you put your mouth where your ears are! Mr. Blorry, I have enjoyed your candid posts.. so candidly I say, Legends go with Legends in a way unequaled by any other Klipsch combo IMHO... and I have tried a lot and will try a RC-7 to replace my KLF C-7 if the Good Guys get better. BUT, you can do a lot worse than Heresys... and you will be surprised how good KLF 30's are on the side of rooms as narrow as 14 ft. Tipsy.gif HornEd

------------------

Living HT Legends

KLF 30 L&R Mains

RC-7 Center (ordered)

KLF 30 L&R Surrounds

KLF 30 L&R Rear Effects

KLF 10 L&R Front Effects

Twin SVS CS-Ultra Pwr Sub

KSW-15 Pwr Sub (rear)

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65"

Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweak On!

You guys are killin' me over here! Sure, another pair of 30s would be splendid, but I ain't got neither the $$ nor the room! I wish I had a digital camera to show you the room, but I just measured for the Heresys, and I barely have enough room for them! We're talking having the speakers sitting on shelves, almost kissing the ceiling. I will still need to be careful walking under the speaker shelves so that I don't whang my head! (I've whanged my head often enough as it is). Actually, now that I think about it, I could install two big-*** shelves and lay KLF 30s on their sides. Whaddya guys think of THAT! My friends would certainly defecate molded rectangular blocks of terra cotta when they see KLF 30s suspended six feet above the floor!cwm32.gif

This message has been edited by Mr. Blorry on 06-22-2001 at 11:51 AM

Wow, Mr. Blorry, with a terra cotta factory like that you could earn new digs in no time! cwm22.gif

Okay, back to the drawing board... The smallest units I have used with KLF 30's are SB-2's which were used for front effects. The new surrounds would work but you would have to move some "terra cotta" to make them affordable. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-22-2001 at 01:28 PM