Need advice!!!!!!!!!!!

ptony619

I currently have a Pioneer VSX-D711(5.1) receiver to go with a pair of Klipsch Synergy KSB-2.1's, and an Adire Audio Rava sub. I have a cheap KLH center channel. I will buy a Klipsch Synergy SC-1 center channel to match the KSB's due to your suggestions. It sounds just o.k. with the KLH. I am wanting to buy a Yamaha HTR-5640 receiver or an ONKYO TXSR501 (in my budget). Should I wait until I get the SC-1 center to see if the sound improves, or should I buy one of the other receivers when I purchase the center and hope for an overall improvement? I really think I should buy the Yamaha or ONKYO along with the SC-1 and get rid of the Pioneer which I can return to Costco for full price. Appreciate any suggestions in which I will trust as always. I plan on using the 3.1 setup for a long while. Also, I have a Philips 30" widescreen HDTV ready set. I would like to use it to it's potential using the receiver as well, if that helps. Also what kind of cables to use. Thanks in advance.

The center channel speaker is CRITICAL to good sound as most movies put 70% of the dialogue source through there. you will see a RADICAL improvement by changeing this speaker before you change your receiver. Hooking up the best gear to your center channel won't make the speaker sound that much better. Bang for the buck change your speaker before anything else.

I could hook up a Lexicon with a proceed amp to your center channel and it will still sound like the same center channel you have right now. do yourself a favor and get better speakers first, you won't regret it.