Which of these 2 Turntables????

pilferus

I dont know the Denon but I would lean towards the Thorens too. Not a big fan of direct drive TT's and I have no idea why the guy took so many pictures of a cardboard box!!

If you do get the Thorens plan on a new cartridge - he mentions it might need one in the text and I would read that as it definitely does.

Just out of interest how much do new TT's (Project / Music-hall / Rega) go for? These prices seem a little on the high side. A low end one of these might be safer, being new, and you should get some kind of warranty.

I've owned the TD125 with SME, and think that it is a very nice table. I also like the big direct drives. I think that when they're done right, they sound just great and have speed and neutrality that most belt drive tables lack. You can read more about direct drives here:http://de.geocities.com/bc1a69/index_eng.html

The fact that the Denon is boxed, appeals to me. It is very difficult to pack turntables and most of them get damaged in shipment, when they are poorly packed. In fact, I've just sold a mint, Thorens TD124 to a local guy who payed me $250 for it. I could have made more than twice on ebay but prefered not to ship and risk the table. I've shipped 2 Thorens tables in the past. To Australia (survived) and US (died) and I packed them as if I was the one expecting to receive them, and one got damaged. I'd opt for a boxed table and if it's not possible, You must as the seller to remove the platter, arm and tape the subplatter in order that it won't rotate during shipment and damag the bearing.