B&K AVR507 Receiver with Heritage speakers

Davewsc

I have the chance to get a B&K AVR507 at a real good price! Want some opinions on how well the B&K works with the Heritage line.

System is: K-horns(1976) for front left and right; Heresys(1977) for front center and back center; and Heresys(1980) for back left and right. Right now I'm using an Onkyo 797 receiver. All opinions appreciated. None of the speakers have any modifications done.

----------------

On 2/5/2004 6:49:21 PM Davewsc wrote:

I have the chance to get a B&K AVR507 at a real good price! Want some opinions on how well the B&K works with the Heritage line.

System is: K-horns(1976) for front left and right; Heresys(1977) for front center and back center; and Heresys(1980) for back left and right. Right now I'm using an Onkyo 797 receiver. All opinions appreciated. None of the speakers have any modifications done.

----------------

That B&K 507 will be a big step-up from the Onkyo. I could only imagine how it will sound with Heritage, but I do know how the B&K Amp sounds with the Reference, and it is sweet!

Definitly worth checking it out.

Guest Anonymous

Dave

It will put a smile on your face, its a great reciever, period. All have minor quirks, you can hear A click when changing sources. Oh well, mine runs 5 cornwalls, the processor is great, make sure to get the remote with it!!!

I am still trying to decide if I like the B&K vs. tubes!!!

GREAT HT

Smilin

Check with MarksDad too, he has one with Khorns2.gif

i have the 797, well my son now has it, it runs his klipsch gear, but if you can jump on it, but be warned,, hold onto your britches, it is an whole world different. every aspect of the b&k is leagues better! it is really hard for me to say how much better it is, especially with heritage. the b&k is truly a commanding reciever, better than seperates in its price range.12.gif

Thanks guys for the information. Looks like I will be spending the weekend setting up the B&K!!

Marksdad, is there any special things you had to change in the setup to make things sound better with the horns? Also, if you had the Onkyo 797, did you have the problem with the clicking like everybody else did? Onkyo fixed it N/C, but everyone I have talked to had the same problems with that receiver.

Could be an exciting weekend!!!!!!!1.gif1.gif

no i did not experience any problems, no klicking at all? and now my son has all reference, and onkyo it sounds really great especially for a 15 year olds system. the 797 is running 2 rf 5's, 2 rf 3's, an rc 7, and an ksw 12 sub, pretty good since he mostly uses it for gaming, his weak link is 1 of those 179 dollar sony dvd players. as far as tweaks for the b&k, ????? no, it is simple to set up, but very difficult at the same time, smilin speaks of a poping, true, it is a mechanical switch, i have actually grown to expect it, you will have more power and control than ever before, and it is fairly simple to programme the remote, do yourself a favor, take a good listen to the onkyo, and than the b&k..... let me know what you think, enjoy12.gif

Marksdad,

I finally got the B&K 507 set up last night. Did a little listening to the Onkyo before I disconnected it. What a huge difference! The clarity and dynamics on the B&K 507 are outstanding!! I am really impressed! Played some of my live music DVD's and the audience clapping on the Onkyo/Klipsch always gave me a frying sound, especially at high volumes. With the B&K the clapping sounds great, it actually sounds like an audience clapping. Also, I now hear detail on the DVD's I never heard before. I have a lot of work to do on setup yet,especially the remote, but it can only get better. I need to familiarize myself with the system a little more. I would recommend the B&K AVR507 and Klipsch heritage combination to anyone. Happly Dave here.1.gif