RB-35 or RB-3??

ccsakura

Hi guys I've been ever facing matching speakers in my life again 14.gif . I got the RC-3II and was thinking of getting RB-35 or RB-3. They will be placed as the front speakers until I get RF-3II or other speakers and the surround back after I got those speakers(can't wait anymore the upgrade bugs bite me hard 9.gif ). Which one will be better choice for my system? Thanks 9.gif

I would think that the RB-35's would be a better choice considering the size of the RC-35. The RB-35's have 8" woofers, whereas the RB-3's have the same 6-1/2" woofers as the dual woofers in the RC-3. I think that the RB-3's would be overpowered by the RC-3, even though the black-center woofers would match nicely. Maybe you should look for a set of RB-5II's, as they have 8" woofers. Then again, if this is only temporary and you plan to keep the bookshelves to be used as surrounds, the RB-3's could be just the ticket. You could probably find a pair of RB-5II's (even new in box) for considerably less than the RB-35's.

Thanks.............. I'm wondering what will make the speakers to be matched?

Should the speakers having the same size of woofer or the front main speakers should have bigger size?

I checked the Ref line that most of the center speakrs are one level of lower sized than the main speakers. Or even the bookshelf are same sized or bigger than the woofer. It really confuses me that I should pick the main speakers in the same size as the center or bigger than that? Thanks again 9.gif