Trouble Matching Rear Speakers

AdamKmiec

Goodevening all. I've got a little problem. I have a Denon 3801 which can run 7 speakers for "true" 6.1. My problem is that my systen is as follows:

Front: RF3

Center: RC3

Rear: KSF 10.5 Towers

My original HT setup featured the KSF 10.5, S5, SC5, I upgraded to the RF line and moved the KSF 10.5s to the rears.

Well my questions are 2 fold, #1 since Klipsch does not manufacturer the KSF-S5 anymore should I match the new rears to the RF (RS3) or SF (SF-SS.5 ot SS1) line? If the reccomended setup would be SF line which SF rear the SS.5 or the SS1 is the right way ot go?

I appreciate your help.

I have a pair of S5's that I might part with.

I think that the Ref line of surrounds would be better for you though. They will match perfectly with your front mains. I think that would make the rear to front transition more natural then two entirely different lines between front and back.

My thinking and fear is that if I go with the RS3 as rears then i'll be mixing the synergy series with the reference series. My gut tells me to to leave the front 3 as is since they are allof the same series and then try to match the rears with another set of rears that would offer the closest match which is why I was thinking SS.5 or SS1 unless I could find a pair of S5s. The S5s seem like a closer match to the SS.5s than they do the SS1.

If you decide to part with them let me know and perhaps we can strike a deal.

Since your front 3 speakers are all Reference speakers, it only makes sense to use the RS 3's in the rear. The RS3's are meant to go with the RF3's and RC3, so that would be my choice if I were in your shoes.

Good Luck

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box