dvd review: CHRISTINA AGUILERA ...MY REFECTION CONCERT

roy

this dvd although has dts on it doesnt really sound as though the recording engineers had a clue how to make and master n mix a dvd with dts! the picture quality is good but the sound is kind of harsh at times though not overly bright....its not like its noisy or anything...just kind of compressed and a lil edge to it! still though christinas tremendous voice comes thru most of the time..this lil girl has a big voice!! certainly cut from the same cloth as a legendary singer like aretha franklin as christina has complete control over her whole vocal range. there hasnt been a pop singer since when they introduced mariah carey back in 89 with the range and power of aguilera! so if you are a christina fan then this dvd is a must but if you are lookin forward to audiophile type quaity, sadly it isnt there though i still give the dvd a b- for pretty good performance and probably below par recording and mastering job by the recording company!

------------------

my equipment:

klipsch rf-3 (main)

klipsch center ch speaker

boston acoustics (rear)

mirage ss-1500 subwoofer

yamaha 795 receiver driving center and rears parasound hca-1500 amp

driving rf-3s

mirage subwoofer 1500 watts!

sony 650 dvd/cd player

sony minidisc/cd player combo

panasonic hifi vcr

waiting to see what new reference line will sound like in 2001!!