Tri-Wireable Question

GRB

I posted this on the HT forum and thought I would put it here too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Hey Guys, I recently purchased a set of KSP-400's from a forum member. These speakers are used as my fronts (and subs, with built in side-firing 15" woofers) in my HT. I think I understand the concept of bi (or maybe even tri) amping speakers. However my wallet will not take the stress of multiple amps. When I got the speakers, the previous owner ran a single speaker cable to the Hi-In post on the speakers with apparently home-made speaker wire jumpers across the mid and low inputs and then ran a sub cable directly from the sub-out on the amp to the sub-in on the speakers. I have the speakers wired as he had them. My question (sorry for taking so long to get to the question) is; after e-mailing a local hi-end stereo shop, and a cable manufacturer, it was recommended that I tri-wire the speakers. This was to be accomplished by running three separate speaker cables from the same speaker outputs on the amp to each of the input posts on the speakers (minus the sub input). If this is done, am I not decreasing the ohm load from 8 down to 2? Or is there some compensation made internally through a crossover to prevent this or what? Help, I am confused. I know T2K or someone else on the forum will know the answer to this (probably lame) question.