Do Chorus II speaker covers fit on Chorus I's?

kirbyshingus

Hello, This is my first post. I'm trying to bring a pair of the original Chorus speakers back to life. Both of the high and mid drivers have no output. I ordered new diaphrams and I hoping for the best. I'm wondering about trying to get speaker covers fo these speakers. I know that the speakers aren't in the same place on the Chorus II's. I read that the Chorus II speaker covers attach with magnets, where the Chorus I's have eight holes on the front. Can anybody tell me if the covers are the same size? If a modification can be easily made? The Chorus II covers are still available for $55.14 each. I am a musician and I use the KP301A in my live rig, they kill. Thanks.

Kirby-

AFAIK, the Chorus I and II are the same sized speaker cabinet. You are correct that the II's covers are attached with magnets. I think the I's have some sort of plastic "plug" that fits into the holes you mention. I would think you could get some more magnets from HD or the like, mount them on the motorboard, and be good to go. They may not be the same depth as factory ones, so your grills may protrude out a bit, but I bet all will be well. Good to know the grills are still available through Klipsch.