Pics Of My Home Theater System

krisp_01

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3755033&uid=1943790&members=1

I have finally had time and a digital camera handy to take some pics of my Home Theater. This is my first Home Theater which took me just under 3 years to build and is pretty complete for now at my age of 20. Everything in the picture is already paid for and was all purchased by me with my money and not my parents like some people may tend to think. Some People may not recognize the speaker brand, The brand is StudioLab which is a Toronto based speaker company which has been around for a very long time. Here are the specs on the speakers i have:

dB 150 Specifications:

Frequency Response: 27 Hz - 22,000 Hz +/- 3 dB

Impedance: 8 ohms

Crossover Frequency: 550 Hz - 2500 Hz

Sensitivity: 93 dB @ 1 Watt / 1 Meter

Power Handling: 200 Watts RMS

Dimensions: 18" W x 40" H x 18" D

www.speakerdirect.com

I really like these speakers cause they can produce alot of bass which is good with my dance music and they are also really good for home theater. These Speakers are powered by a Marantz SR6200 Reciever. The TV is A JVC AV56WP30 56" TV which i bought almost a year ago now. The Subwoofer Is about a couple months old, its a Paradigm Siesmic 12" subwoofer. The Sofa is a Full-motion Black Leather Lazy-boy. The DVD player is a Sony DVP665... progressive scan 5 disc dvd player. The one thing that is clearly missing is an audio rack which i am in the midst of building as I write this. The other dvd player in one of the pictures is a panasonic which the laser has gone dead on. Other equipment in the pictures are a toshiba 24" flatscreen TV and a Denon DVM1815 5 Disc Dvd Player. The main thing I would like to change in the near future is the speakers, I would like to get Paradigm Studio 100's and 40's for surrounds. Any and all comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Kris.

Yup, nice stuff indeed. A few thought's I had when viewing....

1. Center channel might sound better lower and more forward in line with your fronts.

2. If possible raise the rear surrounds to more of an ear height.

3. Definitely want to get a component rack, that would be my first investment. That reciever really needs some room to breathe.

4. trade up for Klipsch? :) just kiddin, nice room.

Yeah I do agree with all of you that an audio rack would look a lot nicer. I looked at a nice Bello one while ago but it was around $700 CDN, so i figured i would build a nice one for now and then buy a nicer one later when I have more money for stuff like that.

Joe Schmoe - Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look into raising the rear speakers, seeing that they are so big, ill try to find something. As for the Centre, it can't really move, the bracket is as far out as it goes and it only goes left and right now.

skonopa - That is really funny, but that must be a real b*t*h when you want to change anything behind your audio equipment.

**BTW I do have something that is Klipsch, it just isn't pictured. It the Klipsch KSW-15 subwoofer which i just took out of my room for the Paradigm Sub.