RW-10 no output

sox

Originally posted in subwoofer forum--posting here also:

Helped a friend buy a HT system from brandnamez.com. It included a Denon AVR 884, a pair of RF-25s, an RC-25, a pair of RS-25s, and an RW-10. Price was great, everthing arrived in excellent physical condition. Everything works great except I cannot get output from the RW-10. I changed connections starting with the LFE single cable input; then tried the single to dual cable; and tried connecting it with speaker wire from the "B" speaker output (setting SW= NO in the receiver setup). No joy. I connected another SW to the LFE port of the receiver and it fuctioned OK so I think I have eliminated the receiver??. I was careful to adjust the receiver setup parameters, first identifying the front speakers as large, then as small, changed the crossover frequency, with no apparent improvement. The sub powers up OK, and it looks perfect. My question: Before I go thru the hassle of returning it for a replacement, is there something I have missed? If not, is there someone who knows the person a Klipsch who might walk me thru some troubleshooting exercises. I feel bad advising my friend into this situation but I'm here. I am a longtime klipsch owner but that's another story. Help?--------sox

If another subwoofer works on the receiver output, the receiver is not at fault. What exactly do you mean whan you say that it powers up okay? If the led indicator is lit, then the subwoofer has power. Maybe a wire came off inside the amplifier that goes to the woofer. However, you must be sure that opening the unit isn't going to void the warranty that they offer, before you go diving into the subwoofer.

I consider opening the unit a last resort. And yes, the LED is lit. There is no external fuse as on my other sub. I guess i'm hoping that I can diagnose the problem without opening it up. Maybe pie in the sky. If I'm unable to get any further with the deductive approach, my next step is to return it to brandnamez.com for replacememt. If they refuse, then I'll consider major surgery. sox

sox:

A loose/disconnected wire inside the sub is my thinking also. Unfortunately, since Brandnamez is not authorized to sell any Klipsch products, there is no Klipsch warranty on the sub. The best course of action is to return it to Brandnamez for a full refund and purchase from an authorized Klipsch dealer who can handle a problem correctly, expediently and under warranty if something like this occurs again.

PhilH

• Like 1