KSW12 or STF-2

abailey

I am putting together a budget Home Theater System that I will also use to play music at least 50% of the time. I have 6 Klipsch SB-2's that I will use, but I do not have a sub yet. After looking at the price and performance specs of the Klipsch KSW-12 and the HSU STF-2 I can't decide which would be better. Any thoughts?

The KSW are not generally well liked... and are priced almost identically to the Klipsch RW subs which are MUCH better. That said, i think the HSU STF-2 offers the better value... but wouldn't the STF-3 or the VTF-3 be closer in price to the KSW12?

STF-3 would be my vote...

Rob

Thanks for the response. I did not realize the cost of the RW subs were close to the KSW. After looking around a little I found that I could get the KSW-12 for $348.00, the RW-10 for $374.00, the STF-2 for $350.00 - $400.00 (depending on Compusa's sale), the RW-12 for $488.00 and the STF-3 for $599.00. I really need to stay at $400.00 or less. Since the KSW-12 does not represent the best value I guess my real decision is between the RW-10 and the STF-2.

Actually I wasn't aware that the street price for the KSW had dropped... as they now have a larger price difference with the RW than they did when the new ones came out.

If you want to keep it under 400$ (don't forget to factor in shipping if it applies) I agree that the STF-2 and RW10 and are your best bets as both are good subs in the price range (I'd give the HSU the edge, but that's just me). If you can stretch the budget 88$... the RW-12 is quite an upgrade vs the RW-10.

Later...

Rob