Dear HornEd...

fini

Dear fini... while you were composing this Dear HornEd, I was writing the following to your post on another thread:

Oops, fini, I thought I not only did but responded as well. Perhaps in the flurry of recent activities (not to mention a rash of health challenges as I try to push the envelope... will I ever learn?). I received your email directly and I believe your latest PM is a copy of that. If I didn't actually respond...I did mentally respond. Hmm, that's how I got to enjoy your mother-in-law's Italian cuisine... I grew up in a Tuscan neighborhood transplanted to Northern California... and the childhood memories are now attached to your wife's mom!

Hmmm, I better get with it and respond before I start treating Kassandra in my mind... Yep, good thing I have employees that pick up her weekly floral display... things get so good between my ears that sometimes I forget how wonderful external reality can be. Hmmmm... then again, I think of trattorias that I knew and loved... here and in Italy... but now it seems that my only choices are Lucca, Italy, and Nonna's kitchen!

I met with a delightful Hungarian chef and his artist wife who would like to join our community. He has "Old World"... make it from scratch... cuisine skills... like those studied in France a few decades ago. They are from Budapest... a city I visited on a World Health Organization project when it was behind the Iron Curtain... and Lazlo and Kata were not yet born! I treated them to "American Rhapsody" in the Klipsch Legend Theater... as you may know, it's a flick about escape from Hungary to the USA... and as they now know... living in my community gives them access to a Klipsch fix at least twice a week! Ah, the things we Klipschophiles will do to get a good meal without preparing it ourselves!

Actually, should one of my crew see this post, be advised that we also have Billy the Executive Chef of a local country club (where Lazlo works full time) who rules our kitchen on Wednesday and Thursday. Lazlo will be taking Monday and Tuesday suppers. Our head chef, Brandy, who was recently written up (along with our restaurant) in the local paper, handles Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And, yes, the restaurant has an above average sound system... plus a pro PA system that is the delight of the live bands that play here just about every Saturday (we have one DJ Saturday per month)... and the guest acoustic soloists that perform at throughout Sunday dinner in the winter.

Fair weather brings out our eclectic Sunday afternoon concerts on the lawn series. Musical tastes range from Down-home Bluegrass to rockin' Groovy Judy... with a goodly dash of traditional "pops", classical and folk along the way. With so much high quality live sound, nothing but the live sound of Klipsch could do justice to our theater. Actually, the theater guests are personal guests of mine and the movies shown are all in my DVD collection... which has grown a bit to accommodate a wider taste in movies. Fortunately, one of our members hosts one of the most comprehensive movie web sites around... well, at least according to the survivor of one famous movie critic duo.

So, my Forum friends, I am alive and reasonably well, and living out the Joy of Klipsch in a beautiful, wooded, mountain setting... 20 miles from the Pacific Ocean beaches... and 1,500' from the San Andrea's Fault (which claimed the original clubhouse in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake). Oops, maybe I should rethink the new subwoofers... =HornEd

OH YEAH... I also had a wisecrack PS about your PMS. The updated email in my profile should bring your emails to me without delay. We have our own high speed email server on site with a Wi-Fi network that covers the main areas of this wonderful place. For example, I am in my cabin using a laptop and sending this to you... after which I will print out a legal brief on the enterprise printer/copier in the main office.

We will be entering an aggressive building phase when the rainy season stops in a month or so. I can't really complain about the rain... it is usually very gentle and keeps our forest green and the creek flowing year round. Our water source is pure spring water with an ideal mineral balance and is treated with an ozinator system to above health authority standards. Pure water and pure sound make a great pair... so we have a vintage water cooler in the Klipsch Legend Theater... along with the genuine theater popcorn machine!

Of course, fini, since we have met in person that the joy I have for life and Klipsch is genuine... and not just something to "brag" about... but I hope others that may read this message will understand that my comments are intended to spread the joy and not indulge in "hot air" exercises. It pleases me to no end that so many Forum folk have modified their systems... and sometimes their lifestyles... after getting some additional incentive from one or more of my posts.

Of course, the greatest treasure of all is having a beautiful Swiss Miss seek me out after just one exposure to the Klipsch Legend Theater... and now I have a fiancé with a built in WAF (Wife Approval Factor) that fits an over-the-top Klipscher like HornEd. How sweet it is! =HornEd