Few Questions on the Klipsch RS-3

xxtypeoxx

Hello all.I just purchased a pair of rs-3 for my rear surround.I have Klipsch epic cf-3 up front and cv-4 for the center all powered by a marantz sr-19 receiver.My question is first how will these speakers match up sound wise to my front stage?

Also I am going to mount the RS-3s on the wall directly above me about 3 feet from my head.The wall is right behind the couch.I am worried that since they will be above me and the speakers will be faceing strait ahead fireing toward the front that i will not get true surround sound.

One more thing,Does anyone know if they make wall brackets for these speakers and if so what the part number is?Also is there a place i can order them from an online store.

Any help would be great.

Wecome to the forum dude...10.gif

In regards to your RS3 speakers it is best placed at the side walls of your couch between 5-7 feet off the ground. RS3 has brackets at the back already for easy mounting all you have to do is drill 2 holes at the wall in accordance to the brackets and just hang them then fire away. Enjoy!!!10.gif

The RS-3 has a 60 degree vertical dispersion. You can look at that and estimate how well the sound will hit your listening area based on your intended mounting location (or you can be anal like me and draw a 60 degree angle on a piece of paper and ask you wife/SO to hold it up to the speaker while you agonize over whether the speakers will work OK mounted like that).

If the sound field will pass mostly over your head, you can mount the RS-3s on a wedge of wood (an angled mounting, which you could make yourself, out of simple wood finished to match the wall) which will focus them more to the listening area. You can also get a bracket that will let you angle them. www.omnimount.com has some, and they have an application guide buried in their site someplace that will tell you which mount will fit a Klipsch RS-3.