Annoying buzz in speakers....

armenin

Hi,

I purchased refurbished 4.1 speakers recently. They were working fine for about a week, but now there seems to be a continuous buzz in all of the 4 satellite speakers. The intensity of the noise is the same no matter what the volume is. It doesn't matter if the speakers are engaged/disengaged(on/off) that noise is still there. So that rules out a bad speaker wire connection.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Good i was about to post the same question.

I have (obviously) narrowed this down to a power/output problem. I am taking my sub to work tomorrow where my boss has offered the use of his multi meter. Does anyone know where i can find data sheets on this sub so we can check voltages throughout the box? What im tryin to say is, i want to check every damn spot i can put the multi meter and check voltages.

Has anyone solved this problem before? (and yes i have tryed the forum's search function)

Also my sub gets hot as crap! I have found another post where some guy sad his sub was getting too hot to touch and his only reply was call Klipsch they will be in later this week.

Thanx

Also, u can actually unplug the connections to the computer AND the connection from the volume/base/surround control from the sub and the sub will still put noise threw the speakers and get hot to touch.

On another note, last night i took the sub apart and found a burnt spot on one of the boards. Im not experienced enough to know what is broke or how to replace but i will try and post a pic of the burnt spot some time in the next week. It "looks" like and easy fix, but, again, i have no idea how to fix it.

Any input is greatly appreciated

P.S. last night i tryed turning the volume up pretty loud to see what it sounded like (mainly because i havent had it tht loud in the past year). I noticed my subs sound like they are blown (both spekaers) and the 4 speakers get really crappy sounding, kinda choppy too.

Thanx

Ok never mind. A guy i work with, who has designed circuit boards, told me its next to impossible to replace the part let alone find the right piece.

So basically im saying screw it with Klipsch.

4.1 4=awsume 1=.... lets just say u guys need to seriously work on the 1 part.

What a piece of crap...i just moved so i cant find my digital camera, but someday i will post a pic of the $0.000004 piece thats causeing my sub to sound like a old record player.

This really blows Klipsch! And today i found another guy i work with who has the same 4.1 setup and he says his sub/amp lived just long enough to outlive the warranty.

I have a stereo sitting in my living room from the early 80's, and it survived my teens, 4 years of the Marine Corps, and 1 year more. If the technology to make a lasting sound system was there in the 80's then Klipsch has some real explaining to do.

As for my plans for my next setup? I am never buying anything sound related for my PC other than a sound card. I'm going home entertainment center for my PC (probably save money too).

HDTV w/ 5.1 surround(Bose or something) ...HDTV for the monitor...aww yeah!

Has anyone ever blown their TV set? or their living room stereo? Ive blown some monitors and this would be my 2nd sound system for my PC thats gone bad....

CaptMorgan

In reference to your heat problem:

I keep a small fan blowing on the back (heat sink) of my Sub. It is a Vornado 550B Compac Air Circulator which has a Variable Speed Control. A slow 1/4 speed is enough to keep things cool and not make much air noise. Amazon.com sells them for $39.99.

Thanks for fan advice but i think its too late, seeing that its already burnt up. I found my digi camera, but now im having lifter problems with my car (02 FireHawk). So this sound prob is gonna have to go on hold.

Oh ya, David, I have no clue about what brands are good now for home entertainment. Got any brands or models you like?

Thanx

Hey Morgan,

Hows that FireHawk run? Fast little devil, isnt it? My dad owns a Trans Am Restoration Shop here in town. The website is Texastransams.com Oh, and about the Bose, I used to like them when I was like, 6, when my mom got one. I thought it was sooo cool because of the air coming out the port. I didnt know what was good bad back then. In fact, I got into a heated argument with my uncle online today. He said that Klipsch was some Japanese POS company that didnt know what they are doing. He said Bose and Boston was absolutly the best in the world. I layed the truth pretty hard on him. Of course he didnt know that they were made in Hope. (he has RCA all the way around) I am going to buy some 1985 Heresy's from Dave (texas42). They are in awesome condition. I got a chance to go to Dr. Bill's (DRBILL) house and listen to his Klipschorns. OMG, I felt like I was at a Pink Floyd concert! I couldnt beleive how awesome they sounded. He also had a pair of 1979 Heresy's he used as his centers. Thanks Dr. Bill for the awesome experience! All I need now is a receiver that will power my future Heresy's. My Aiwa NSX-A555 wont power them because it uses the BiAmp thing. But anyways, I like Klipsch and I kinda like Infinity. Thanks!