New 4.1=Kitchen (HOT sub for eggs & pops,bzz's sounds like pans

I recently purchased (June 28, 2001) a Promedia 4.1 system here in Toronto through Kromer Radio. After about two hours of listening at half its max volume i noticed that the sub got extremely hot (i couldn't touch it) and the sound from the speakers deteriorated substantially (pops and bzzz's).

i've been reading the forum topics and that there is a problem with the hearsink of the sub. Is mine defective?

How can i get it replaced if it is a defective unit?

Take it back to where you bought it. I had the same problem with the first set I purchased. You plainly got a defective set. Second set may work just fine. Just tell the sales person to read this forum and you will have no problem having it replaced.

I packed up these defective units already so that i could return them tomorrow. This is such a hassle since i don't have a car and i'll have to lug this 40 pound speaker set AGAIN to downtown toronto.

the replacement speakers better not be defective again.

PowerPOPE typed-

I packed up these defective units already so that i could return them tomorrow. This is such a hassle since i don't have a car and i'll have to lug this 40 pound speaker set AGAIN to downtown toronto.

Now that's dedication. Roll on, trooper!