RS-7s and banana plugs?

cluless

Here's the story. I need to rewire my surrounds with UL rated wire. I still recall the nightmare of standing on a ladder juggling a 24 pound speaker while trying to attach speaker wire and hang the puppy on the wall. Here's the question. Will banana plugs fit with an RS-7 mounted flush to the wall using the keyhole bracket? I know that all banana plugs are not created equal, so does anyone know of a brand that works? I don't want to take my speaker down to measure the space since that would require another juggling session. Any other solutions for a one-handed quick connect?

Oh how I remember juggling those 24 pound monsters trying to make both keyholes line up at the same time......LOL

As for the one handed wiring connection, I avoided that by creating a 1 ft long set of pigtails that I connected to the speakers before I tried to hang them. I set up female Banana sockets in the wall connected to the wiring back to the amp. I wired one end of the pigtail directly to the speaker, and put banana plugs on the other end which I was able to plug into the sockets after the speaker was hung.

Jerry Rappaport

NO....banana plugs either singles or the double thingy...will stick out.....

Hence why I made some brakets out of MDF painted matching black....

They angle down 20 degrees...and have a hole where terminals would be....and have 2 screws for the keyholes....and a open top to reach in there...also a small shelf on bottom for added support and to make installing speaker easier while on ladder...

Think wedge shape ..This allowed me to mount this bracket to the wall first.....then attach speaker....and then reach in from top to plug in banana plug....still a PIA....I used a mirror and flashlight to ensure the plugs were seated properly....

PS...the sides are mounted so the top of speaker is at 7'-6" any lower and when you walk buy you would have to duck....also back center is about 9' due to a opening in wall....works for me.....