How do i get better mid's out of my towers

companion

I have a pair of rf-35's and they seem to lack alot of mid range sound like when someone is doing a fill in a drum set or somthing like that it is missing detail i have a yammi dsp-a3090 would it help getting somthing like a denon 2803 i believe is the model number and a sub or is it just the way klipsch arnt made with mid ranges? please help

IMO you have two choices. Your best choice is to add a good 200 watt per channel separate amp. You could use your receiver as a processor.

Your second choice is to use your current receiver, but set your RF-35s to small. Send bass frequencies below 80 Hz to the subwoofer. This will clean up your mid range. You can also combine the two suggestions.

I run my RF-7s as small to improve the mid range and to help produce tight bass via my RSW-15.

Bill

Try bring your mains out in the room more away from the back wall untill you likey. Everything everyone mention will help to but this is free. If the port is to close to the rear wall it can get pretty muddy sounding. One thing i found with klipsch towers is their probally the closest to a bookshelf quality midrange than most. It's tough to beat a bookshelf for midgrange quality. So bring them out a little and i noticed if you toe them in it can help clear up mids because the port is even further from the rear wall. Another thing i noticed is if their to close together that can also can muddy it up. Try seperating them a little further apart with out destroying the stereo image. Hope this helps

Of course if you looked at this question another way, you could ask yourself why the bass and treble could overpower the midrange. Well, having a lot of hard reflective, like a lot of glass could make the higher frequencies seem louder than they actually are, and depending where you sit or stand in the room, the bass could be over exaggerated. There can be many different problems as well as speaker polarity. This is the very first thing that I would check, just to be sure. Having reversed polarity to one speaker will cause a partial cancellation in the low frequencies, resulting in lackluster bass.