2400 vs 3803: Features Only

yromj

I would like to get input from you guys comparing the Yammie 2400 and the Denon 3803 with respect to features only. (In other words I realize the sonic differences involved here.) Does one receiver have one or more features that the other doesn't which is a must have (e.g. YPAO)? How good is YPAO? Are any/all the DSP modes on the Yammie useful? Is 70MHz really enough bandwidth for HDTV switching? Those kinds of things.

I've looked at the spec sheets quite a few times, but I want outside input to see if I missed anything.

Thanks,

John

I am not fmiliar with the Yammi you mentioned in the original post, Is that YPAO an equivalent or similar technology to Pioneer's MCACC? If so, it would be more fair to compare that Yammy to Denon AVR 3805 not 3803. 3805 that is scheduled to ship next month i believe has a similat chanel setup functionality.

As for AVR3803, aside from the fabulous audio quality, i would like to list a few features that I really like on this unit:

- subwoofer boost for External In - this comes really handy when you are hooking up a DVD-A/SACD player

- 7 channel stereo - not to be confused with all those DSP modes - a very nice sounding multichannel mode for stereo sources.

- A and B speaker terminals for SURROUND channels - allows you to either use B terminals for your second zone or as REAR SURROUND channels turning your HT into a 7.1 system.

- conversion of all video inputs into component output. Note, this is not a scaler solution, just a feature allowing you to run only one pair of component cables to your TV, while having all sorts of video inputs coming to your receiver, including composite, S-Video and component. I believe this component switch has a 100Mhz bandwidth which is quite sufficient for a HD signal switching.

- excellent build quality, made in Japan.

There are many other features that are worth mentioning, but these would be on top of my list.