Connecting Passive Sub

tjh011

Ok, my question may be a little stupid but bear with me.

I have the following:

Main - RF35

Center - RC35

Sub - KSW12 & SVW8(passive)

R Center - KV3

Surrounds - SF1

I am wondering if there is a cheap way to hook up my SVW8 through my sub out on my Denon 2802? Is there a cheap amp that would allow me to send a sub cable to it and then from the amp with speaker wire? I was wondering about a small plate amp or something similar. This is probably a dumb questions since I couldnt find anything on it so far.

If that will not work should I have my mains set to large since the sub has a fixed crossover at 85?

So would this plate amp from partsexpress work?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-792

Would I run the line in and the from the speaker out to my sub or would I run from the speaker connectors on the back of the amp to my sub?

Do you think this would provide a better overall sound than running the sub through my mains?

You would run the line out from your sub out on your receiver to the line in on the plate amp, then from the INSIDE speaker level connections to your sub. The speaker level connections on the outside of the plate amp are passive and non-powered. They are, however, filtered by the cross over.

Alternately, you could run the speaker level outputs from your receiver to the speaker level inputs on the plate amp, and then on to your speakers, again using the INSIDE speaker connections for the sub.

Which way you choose depends on whether you want the sub's crossover or the receiver's crossover to filter your bass from your main speakers.