Anyone get the denon 3805 yet?

DirtRider

Did anyone get a denon 3805 yet. I saw it is available on crutchfield and someone on the avsforum already got one. I'd like to hear some reviews as I was debating on this or the yamaha rx-v1400. I have heard the concensus is that the denon will probably sound better with my klipsch rp3, rc3, rs35, and soon additional rs3 speakers. I am still debating on these 2 receivers and possibly the HK avr7200 at about 60% off the $2000 retail. I await suggestions and reviews.

You know what, I had a Yamaha once and it sounded like crap on my Chorus II's until I put a EQ on them to tame it out a bit. When I purchased my VSX-45TX I was comparing it to the Demon 3803 and with all the EQ settings set to factory on the 45TX, the Denon sounded better. But once I tweaked the EQ settings, the 45TX blew the Denon away.

Now, the new Denon looks to be pretty much the same reciever as the previous one except it has a ROOM EQ which I've heard is like a peramdic EQ and will help tweak your speakers to your liking. If I were looking at buying a reciever, I'd go with the 3805 in a heartbeat. But, this is all upon what you find inportant. If you did some looking around in the next week or so, you could probably find a hell of a deal on the 3803.

Just my opinion. And I'd stay away from Yamaha with Klipsch speakers.

EDIT:

I'm sure there are other differences between the 3803 and the 3805, I just don't know what they are and haven't looked them up.

The 3805 looks great, doesn't it? For my money, in that general price range, the Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer Elite are the top contenders. My Pioneer is having some reliability issues, though, but geez I do love that firewire connection!