To start, RF-35's and a RC-35 center?

kenratboy

In the next day or two, I will know whether or not I can get some Klipsch gear. For now, I will concentrate on the front three.

I am VERY well versed in audio/HT, but I want to ask people who OWN the gear.

Will a pair of RF-35's (I want big floorstanders for loud electronic music) and a RC-35 do the trick?

I really hope everything works out 9.gif

I might later add a pair of RB-15's (I don't have side walls (do I need them?) for RS-35's) for surrounds.

Thanks!

Hey Kenneth, for my secondary system I use RB-35's and the RC-35, although the RC-35 was once used with my RF-35's which I now use as center surrounds in my main system. But once upon a time they were paired together, and I still remember those days. Yes, they will do the trick for all types of music, especially electronica (assuming you have a phat a$$ sub too). I won't even bother making suggestions or recommendations about other types of gear, cause I know you know you're shiznit, so if you're going for the 35 series, then hell yeah go for it.

Thanks everyone!

Again, I will let you know in a day or two, if not, it will be a few years...

nicholtl:

Yeah, I will have to see about digging up a Denon 38?? (I need a bunch of optical digital ins) eventually - as my Sony isn't going to shine 7.gif - but only using a watt or two from it will help.

My subwoofer amp is currently out of order (as in, trash can), and if I can sell my current JBL Pro sub (4648A-8 - it's up for grabs!) and JBL HT Series speakers, I might get a SVS PB2-ISD ($900) - but 4, 8" woofers in a 13' X 13'6 room will be fine for now. I need low responce - and the SVS will do that. I also have some other stuff I want to sell.

Thanks again!

----------------

On 3/19/2004 2:09:47 AM doudou wrote:

for your surround, why not having some rf-35 too?(later of course)
2.gif
----------------

Well, one would be where my head is when I sleep (sleeping is a good thing) and the other one is behind my 19" Viewsonic monitor 9.gif

However, at the moment, I don't watch enought movies to justify the price 2.gif

i guess it would be the same problem with the rb...

so you ll have to sleep somewhere else!!!9.gif

for the moment you can have small surrounds like some promedia sat or something like that,it won t be as good as the rf(it will be far from that) but you can have surrounds for almost nothing.

Haha it seems like you're really digging around to find things to sell and srounge up the dough huh? I did exactly the same thing when I was saving up for my seperates. Selling my Apple G4, parts from my car, even the Fellowes footrest I have under my desk! You name it I sold it! But yeah, PB2 ISD? That would rock the house. Def. def. save up for that I say. And yeah, I think for now temporary surrounds (like the JBL's you mentioned) would suffice until you get more money to, as you said, justify the price, or perhaps you just get a bigger room.

But you still have to tell us - why the sudden splurge? got a phat raise? upgrade bug knashed it's teeth at you? robbed a bank?

Actually, the money is not the issue, it's more that I want to offset the cost. I could easily spend all my savings in a week, as could anyone on this forum. I just want to get this taken care of now. Hell, I could also go out and buy a Denon 3805 (they have em' at Good Guys) right now, but that wouldn't be very smart.

However, the issue at hand if getting the front three (5.1 is too much, let alone 6.1, 7.1, or more...), and if I can sell some stuff, maybe the SVS.