Finally got the ball rolling...

SteelerFan

Wish I could say I bought some new electronics, but I haven't gotten around to that quite yet. But I did buy a Boltz media rack, on sale for $199 and an Auduoparts 20 amp surge/power conditoner thingy.

Now I am able to clear the space on my audio rack of the CD's, DVD's and VCR tapes I'd been storing on it so I have a place to put my new amp when I buy one. And I now have the 20 amp outlet and surge/power filter doohickey to plug it into.

Go ahead and laugh, but I was really starting to worry if I was EVER going to buy anything.

Hopefully now that I've stuck my toe in the upgrade pool I'll dive in and buy an amp and pre/pro so I can quit whining about how bright my current Yamaha/Klipsch combo is.

9.gif

Just look on ebay (YUK ) or audiogon(YEA) for an old Harman Kardon. You will be happy. Look for an avr65 you may be able to pick one up for 200 or 300 dollars. They went for 1000 new. They sound absolutely great for everything. Plus you can ad an amp later, but i highly doubt you would want to. It sounds really good for music. Really smooth not to warm and not to bright.