Got off my lazy hiney and swapped my RS7s with my RC7s... Here are my thoughts.

m00n

----------------

On 3/23/2004 3:53:05 PM HornEd wrote:

m00n, I think what the Avman is saying that using a WDST speaker like it was a two-faced monopole is possible if you can have two of its speaker faces facing the audience.

----------------

you got it HornEd!!

avman.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've hooked everything back up. For about 3/4 months I hvae had my front surrounds turned off. Turned them back on and re-balanced everything last night. RC7s are still sitting where the RS7s were last week. I have the RS7s pulling rear speaker duty now.

So with everything turned on (4 side surrounds, 2 rears), there is a huge difference. Everything seems smoother but not as detailed for sure. I hate to use the word muddy, becaue it does not necessarly sound bad, just not as detailed. But the aumbiance is there for sure. I may need to tweek my surround settings a bit more to see if I can bring out some detail by lowering the volumes a tiny bit on the rs7s and bumping up the volume on the RC7s...

Are you guys all confused yet?

BTW, I'm still just experimenting. Don't any of you audio purest go into cardiac arrest on me now. 2.gif