Newbie question on Sub placement

Scott683

I just ordered a synergy 6 system and my wife and I were moving stuff around, purching bookcases for the fronts to be at the right height (small children=no stands) and trying to figure out where we can stick this sub before the speakers get here on wednsday..(ksw-10 sub)

Now there is "just" enough room to squeeze it between the entertainment center and the wall, which would mean both sides would be blocked and the back would have about a foot of space before hitting the wall..

I also have a sectional couch and my question is.. I could stick it behind the couch in a corner of the room, but being behind the viewers, is that going to be to over-powering? Should the be in a corner next to the fronts?....all im reading is that they should preferably be in a corner, does it matter which corner?

Try and put it on the same side wall as your mains if possible. Never stick a sub in the middle of a room it is the worst place possible. The corner is the best for the most boom, but that is what it will usually give you so moving it out from the corner it will yeild a more accurate sound. But if you bass hungrey go for the corner. I had mine on the rear corner once it wasn't bad. Plus picking corner and walls. the one with less windows door ways or openings will be better. Most people's rule of thumb is one third in from the corner for the entire wall. Hope this helps