Can someone explain on/auto switch fxn on my klipsch sub??

Hensley300

Hello guys, i got new house and new system. All klipsch reference series speakers and sub. RB-35's up front and 25's in the back (havent bought center and surrounds yet) but my sub is the RW-10 and of course, has a switch in the back of the unit you can set to either on or auto. Why the choice? What does each setting do and how can I determine which one is right for me? Thx

"ON" means the sub will remain on even if the rest of your system has been shut off. "AUTO" means the sub will turn itself on once it detects a strong enough LFE signal, although as someone in another thread mentions, Klipsch subs require a stronger-than-usual signal to activate, comparitively speaking to other brands, that is. Therefore, along these lines, I'd say if you listen to your music and watch your movies at relatively low to moderate volumes, "ON" would probably be a better bet, since you don't want to hear the bass suddenly KICK IN several seconds into your favorite song. If you naturally watch things a little louder, "AUTO" would most likely well suit your wildest fantasies.