Need help building my system!

DavidM

I own a pair of KG4's that I have had for 16 years, last year I purchased a new Denon receiver and a center channel Klipsch Synergy SC.5. Can anyone tell me what would be the best move to complete my system? What should be my next purchase? Rear channels? Sub Woofer? Should I update the KG4's? Any help is greatly appreciated!

David - Last year, I built a HT around my existing KG4s. I used a KV-3 center channel (no longer in production - used from a local store), SS-1 rears, and a Velodyne CT-120 sub. For you, let me first ask you how well you feel the SC-.5 works as center, in terms of providing sound that is pretty similar in tone to the KG4s. As much as possible, you want the front three speakers to sound the same, especially in the mids and highs, so that as movie sounds move across the screen, you don't notice a difference. If the SC-.5 is noticeably different to you, I'd start there and change it to another KG4 (if you can fit it), a KV-2 or KV-3, or a KG2.2V (?).

Then, do the rears. The SS-1s worked fine for me. Do a sub last. The KG4s reach pretty deep and you can get by for a while without it. But, adding a sub will definitely bring home the theater experience!!

Doug