your opinion?

mixmaster LRH

umm.. it's $145 for PC2100. 70 is for the PC1600. I am actually getting an Abit KT7A-RAID within the week with PC150 RAM <$160 for 256MB> There is probably going to be cheap QDR RAM out for AMD some time.

If you look at some benchmarks that are out , DDR does not really boost that much above SDR. However, RDRAM is a bit more boost because of the greater bandwidth <800> as opposed to the 266 of DDR.

I just like what the Abit offered and it has been a proven platform for overclockers.

Also, think about the 1GHz instead of 1.2 I am just going to overclock it with an FOP38-1 loud mofo HSF.

All-in-all, I would rather have 256MB instead of 128 of RAM and I'll spend the money I save on the 1GHz for a second HD for RAID.

~*sniff*sniff* What's burning?

~What?

~What!?! I can't hear ya. You'll have to speak up a little.. Turn those speakers down!

~What? Wait.. Let me trun my Speakers down.. This better?

~What?!? What is that loud humm?

~What? Let me turn my Computer off... ... That was just my computer. Damn HeatSink Fan. I don't hear it anymore - I got my Klipsch - I got Deaf

~What?

~What?

Thanx for all the info Paragon, the reason I was thinking of going with DDR is i figured future programs would take advantage of it, but since you said QDR ram will be comming out soon i will definatly go with pc 150 untill that happens. I have never over clocked before so i wasn't sure that getting a 1ghz and over clocking would be the best solution, but i figure ill give it a try and if i can save money it will definatly be worth it. I'm glad you brought my attension to the abit board i didn't want on board sound or an AMR slot. Anyways thanx again for all the help. I've desided to get an abit KT7A-RAID, 1ghz T-Bird and 256 of pc 150 ram, and possibley a maxtor 60 gig 7200 rpm, if i have the money. I have one more quick question, I was wondering if i could mix the pc 100 ram that i currently have with the pc 150 ram?

I have no Idea when the QDR will be out so don;t hold me to anything. Also, I think the KT133A platform is a better overclocker than the DDR ones

You must remember that there will always be something better coming out so get what you will be happy with.

Check this out It compares KT133, KT133A, and DDR

http://www.hardocp.com/articles/chipset/ktsvsddr/

Mixmaster:

The most recent issue of MaximumPC gave the Iwill KA266-R a good solid rating. The only thing holding it back from a kick-*** rating was the on-board audio (and some other inconsequential spec). It did not out-perform the KT7A-R, but it's been touted to be quite overclockable. Nevertheless, I would stick with the Abit (knowing Iwill's past performance).

The QDR RAM shouldn't be out for quite some time now. Also, the PC 150 combined with the pc100 RAM should run at the speed of the slowest RAM in use. Therefore, a stick of pc150 next to a stick of pc100 should both run at pc100 speeds. I was disappointed too when I got pc133 and i wanted to add it to the pc100 I already had. Too bad....

I had no idea DDR RAM was so damn cheap!

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....