How hot does your sub/amp on the 4.1's get?

LiQiCE

I just got my replacement set of Klipsch 4.1's because I had problems with my first set. However, I didn't think that my set had a problem with heat. My first set did get rather warm, but not alarmingly so, just warm to the touch. My replacement set on the other hand runs EXTREMELY cool ... I've been playing the set for a few hours now at a reasonable level (nothing super loud), and the sub is actually cool! Just wondering what other people's subs feel like.. I'm thinking my original problem may have had something to do with the subwoofer overheating.

Mine gets alittle warm

It got exceptionaly warm after the warehouse incident

But... its fine.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Seb,

Are you referring to the Klipsch v.2-400 speakers, or the Klipsch 4.1's? I thought the Klipsch 4.1's have only been out since January, so I'm assuming you mean the Klipsch v.2-400?

I also have had the v.2-400 for over a year and a half now, and have never had any overheating problems, or problems period with the speakers minus the problems with crackling due to the pod.

However, my original Klipsch 4.1 subwoofer ran even hotter than my v.2-400 sub. Like I said though, it did not get alarmingly hot as other had reported, so I didn't think it was a big deal... But now I've noticed my new sub runs even cooler than the v.2-400 sub does, so I'm curious if I had an overheating sub with the 4.1's, and if other's 4.1 subs run as cool as my new one does.

Guest csr1

If your sub is getting too hot to touch and if you are getting any distortion, please contact me via email or call me at 888-554-5665.

Robyn

Promedia CSR

the amp's heatsink on my Paradigm PW2200 sub gets too hot too touch after a good bass-filled 20 minutes, and no problems there whatsoever either.

------------------

'cuz not a lot of people have ever said

"Pump up the treble!"