klipsch chorus

Never in my wildest but mostly constant dreams of KLIPSCH, did I ever believe that I would own a pair of the CHORUS model.. I had always set my sights on the HERESEY model(affordableness). My wonderful wife suggested that after locating a pair of CORNWALLS to go and buy them, and, well the turned ou to really be CHORUS. They are '89 models and I can never go back to the speakers used in the past ( intro-fi Advent 12 inch woofer w/ferro-fluid tweeter with a three position frequency switch on the back ). Is there any upgrade necessary for these beauties?? Just curious, already enjoying immensely and daily. Thank you, DEBRA, I, We now have other components to update!!

Guest BobG

While some inveterate tweakers here may offer a few suggestions for mods, there is nothing required on Chorus speakers. Just add music and enjoy.

A bit biased are we? Nothing is perfect.The ports on the original Chorus were horribly mistuned.The network did not sound very good either.The original Forte smoked it.Klipsch came out very quickly with the Chorus II that rectified most of the problems, a new network along with the new mid horn and the passive radiator better tuned to the box.PWK always took pride in pointing out that any Klipschorn made after serial number 14 could be inexpensively updated to current performance levels.I can't even begin to remember how many Cornwalls I upgraded to B3 networks with the (then)new K52 midrange driver.Life moves on.