V.2-400 + CP-1 = or =! 4.1

Kilted Fool

Recently spoke with a Klipsch customer service person about the 4.1s and if there were any updates on ETA or pricing, since I had spoken to her on the day they changed the website to no longer accept orders for the V.2-400. The specific rep I spoke to said that the change in price was because the new system was just adding the CP-1 module to the existing V.2-400 system, so the price reflected the cost of both.

I'm curious if that is true, I seem to recall in recent time lurking here (though I could just be senile) that there were some minor internal changes to be made to the system that was to be labelled 4.1 other than just adding the CP-1 module.

My reasoning on this is, if what the lady told me is true, there's not much reason to wait for the 4.1s, as I can get a CP-1 from Klipsch and a set of the V.2-400s from one of several places (outpost.com among them). If what she advised me is not true, I can still wait (or balance how much gain I will get out of the new model by waiting), but it might be good to make sure the reps have been given good information.

Of course, it might be moot, since I'm fairly tone deaf and any gains might be more or less lost on me.

Oh, and to throw another question or two into this ramble:

I noticed the jacks on the X-Gamer didn't seem to be consistent in terms of their labelling, color coding, and how they were pictured in the manual. An example is that my microphone jack has a green stripe, which means it should go in the green port, but the port that has the mike next to it is not the green one (Can't remember perfectly, I'm at work right now). Anyone else run into this?

And just to give the background system:

Athlon 800 on Epox EP-7KXA

256 MB PC133 (about to go 384)

Hercules Guillemot GeForce DDR

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (recently installed, love the bundle)

Boka sat and sub set (cheap cheesy speakers, tend to fuzz on Diablo2 and Deus Ex)

Kilted Fool

there have been other changes, most noticeably a crossover update in the satellites.

but it is true that the price of the 4.1 reflects the price of the v2.400 plus CP-1.

the xover change probably didn't cost much, but the preamp upgrade did.

Kilted Fool said:

quote:

(cheap cheesy speakers, tend to fuzz on Diablo2 and Deus Ex)

Get the pro's man!!! I've got original promedias and curently playing Deus Ex.

IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!c>

And the same goes for anyother game i played, they really immerse you in the invironment.

I bet though, if you just buy the pro's right now you will probably wonder about the new cp-1 and x-overs. (I know i would. I am!!)

It's to your advantage to wait wink.gif

If you're fairly tone deaf, definitely get the v.2-400's from Outpost or Best Buy.

They already sound amazing. Why pay extra for a couple modifications that you might not even have the ears to notice? Remember, there have been a lot of people with GOOD ears to be disappointed with the CP-1, and a few that are impressed by it.

Get the v.2-400's and be prepared to be amazed at:

a) the sound

B) the money you've saved by not getting the newest which might not even benefit you