Incredible problem with K-horns.......

tcb

Ok,here is the problem.The corner where stay one speaker have 2 different levels,I mean is a few inches portion where I guess cover some electrical cables.That speaker even without any conection to amp,capture a hum/electrical buzz,when is in the corner.If I pull it out about 5 feet,the buzz is out,push in the corner back,the buzz is on again.If I conect back the speaker cable to amp and turn on the amp,the hum/buzz decreased dramatic.If I turn off the amp,the hum increased again.This problem I have is only with location and not with speakers,because I try to swap them from a corner to other one and had same problem in that corner.My question is what can I do to isolate that wall portion or how about to try shock ferrite on the internal cables on crossover,midrange,tweeter ???Hope somebody will understand with my poor english.....Kindly appreciate any help.

cheers

Mario

----------------

On 4/15/2004 8:57:44 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

TCB......Try replacing all cables one just might have a broken ground.

----------------

Even if I removed the speaker cable between amp and speaker,the buzz remains.It is magnetic field somewhere in that corner.

thanks

• Like 1

Guest klipschomatic

mU-Metal sheeting along the offending wall or floor would do the best job at elongating the electro-magnetic fields so the extremely sensitive K-Horn doesn't pick them up. There may be a grounding strategy you could use, but I am not sure at what would be safe to do. Ferrite cores would be worth a try.

----------------

On 4/15/2004 11:14:13 AM Q-Man wrote:

Maybe, just maybe lining the corner with low carbon sheet metal will isolate the magnetic field. Can you re-route the wires in the floor that are causing the problem?

----------------

The problem is in the wall not on the floor and can't do anything to re-route...I guess I need permision to do such a job.Here is the corner problem.

post-11957-13819253997496_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 4/15/2004 7:37:28 PM lynnm wrote:

I suspect that that boxed portion is a cable race. Do you by chance live in an apartment buildin and further does that building have an elevator ?

----------------

Yes is a 14 level building with elevator.