ALTEC Lansing Bolero 890C

Piranha

I don't know what they're worth, they're not the kind of speaker that Altec nuts are generally interested in.

Still it's an interesting, high quality speaker. Uses a 10" woofer and a 10" passive radiator, a horn tweeter takes over at 2 or 3khz. The tweeter has the same diaphragm used in an Altec microphone and it was a pretty good tweeter. Supposedly replacement diaphragms for the tweeter are hard to come by. I don't know, could be that Bill at Great Plains makes them.

If they were in nice shape and I was still living in a house and collecting stuff I'd go a couple of hundred, maybe. That doesn't mean you should. :)

The early ones had a much better tweeter - a little multicell crossing over at 3 kh. These had a much cheaper hf unit used by a lot of companies. The early tweeters don't handle much power and are pricey to fix.

As for what they're worth, I've seen them sell for anywhere from $150 to $400 a pair. They show up frequently on ebay. Make sure the fretwork grille is intact and both Altec badges are there.