Upgrading my Promedia Ultra 5.1 subwoofer with a larger subwoofer

Hi there,

After spending hours in the forums I still could not find an answer to my question. My question is can I somehow connect a RSW-15 to my Promedia Ultra 5.1 computer system? I know that this is probably one of the dumbest questions you have ever had but I really, really like bass. Well... I wouldn't be against upgrading my Promedia Ultra 5.1 to something bigger and better. I need it to hook up to my computer. I run my entire entertainment system from my computer. I would like something really, really loud and with LOTS of bass. Please help if you can!

Actually yes, it is possible. The output you would use for the SWS would work. Honestly thou, the RSW-15 is alot more then you'll ever need with those speakers if you want to set it up properly. The most I could see is cleaner sound and lower bass. If you want more bass you may want to try SVS. The PB-2+ I think will about equal if not higher at high bass frequecys and beat the RSW-15 at low ones and at a cheaper price. 1200+ shipping. So maybe 1350 or less. I would goto svsubwoofers.com and contact Tom V. The only way I can see this whole thing being well worth it is if you upgrade your sats to something bigger. Some people have been happy with Klipsch RSX-4 and 5 with there Ultra sub and have had no problems with it. I dunno how much that ultra sub can handle as far as imdependace goes. Anyway, hope this helps.

CD